I just revived this letter from Tim Harris. In the race for Tulsa County DA, if you are leaning towards Swab or are still undecided, this is a must read. Here are some highlights.
I feel it is necessary to refute the false information being disseminated by my opponent, Brett Swab. You are an educated, concerned citizen who deserves to know the truth!Technorati Tags: Tulsa County DA
- Under my leadership, we have filed 45,038 felony charges - that is the most felonies filed in any 7 year period in Tulsa County DA history!
- I have sent 12,391 criminal defendants to the Department of Corrections - the largest 7 year total by the Tulsa County DA's office.(Oklahoma Department of Corrections records)
- In 2004, we put 2,097 criminals in prison - the most in Tulsa County history in a single year. (OK Department of Corrections records)
- I have personally tried, as LEAD attorney, over 140 jury trial compared to Mr Swab's 30. While District Attorney, I have tried 10 felony jury trials including 3 successful death penalty murder trials. I have tried 7 death penalty cases(6 as lead counsel, 1 as second chair).
- In this day and age of complex prosecution, administrative challenges and lack of resources, my leadership team does not have the luxury of just trying cases.
-Much has changed in the 8 years since Mr Swab made a conscious decision to leave prosecution - now is NOT the time for on the job training for someone who has LESS PROSECUTION EXPERIENCE than every leadership position in my office!
In conclusion, I am a 20 year career prosecutor, who has dedicated his life to the prosecution of criminals and has always made the protection of those that cannot protect themselves my highest priority.
I will not allow politics to affect my independent decision making regarding you and your family's safety and the safety of our community!
Tulsa County District Attorney